Is it okay to hide DD's medicine in her milk?

She refuses to take the medicine, I don't blame her it smells AWFUL! So i put it in her milk, and I'm wondering if putting it in the milk is the same as taking it by the dropper.....as long as she drinks all the milk, that is.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Call the pharmacy...there are a few meds that can't be mixed with liquids.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• And a few that can't be mixed with dairy products.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 12:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would check with the pharmacist before adding it to milk. Some meds can't be mixed with things. Does your pharmacy offer 'flavors' to add to the meds? Mine does (although it is an extra charge). Maybe that might make the med a bit less of a hassle to get in her.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Check the labeling...as long as it doesnt say something like "DONT take with milk" it should be fine. But to be on the safe side, give the pharmacist or the pediatrician a call.
    I've done that for my daughter before..and booger wouldnt drink it so it was a waste of a dosage of medicine! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Check with the pharmacist because some meds can NOT be mixed with dairy products.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Everything they said...and see if the pharmacy can flavor it. Walgreens does it and they have many fun flavors. It might help the smell problem too.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Check with the pharmacy.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 11:02 PM on May. 22, 2011

• id ask the pharmacy and they may be able to flavor it
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:08 PM on May. 28, 2011