• In the Spotlight:

Anyone have any paranormal encounters to share? I'm interested!

daina82

Asked by daina82 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• lol, I've got too many to count.

One time when I was living with a friend, there was a porcelain parrot on a desk in the room. One night, the parrot started "walking" across the table. When I told Dave (the resident ghost, a former owner of the home who had killed himself in the room I slept in) to cut it out, because I wanted to sleep, the parrot slid across the desk into the wall and onto the floor, remaining unbroken. Then it righted itself and began "walking" back and forth across the floor.

I've got plenty more, if you're interested. Just message me. :-)
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I was at a wake last June & saw this man walking around. He was wearing a black suit like everyone other man there & was staring at me. It was weird because I got tunnel vision & could only see him for a minute but he was kind of hazy. Nobody else saw him (yeah, I asked). When he got close to me I kept smelling something strong which I described to everyone as embalming fluid for some reason & the smell followed me for WEEKS. The smell would come & go. When I'd smell it, I'd say "he's here". Some people thought I was crazy, some people said I picked him up & took him home lol.

Right before DD was born, my mom, my sister & I went into my attic & started asking questions with a tape recorder after SO & I went threw crazy experiences in our house. When we were done, we listened to it. We heard nothing until we asked the question "Why are you here?" & we heard "Because I can be." Freaked us out.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yeah, I've got too many too. I've been able to see and feel evil spirits since I was a kid and Heavenly Angels since I was in high school.

It was about five of us in a friends room when her stereo turned on by itself. Her boyfriend and she both said that it did that all the time, it'll turn on when it's off and turn off when it's on and it didn't have a timer. I was already standing kind of close to it so I stepped closer to it to see what I could sense. I felt that there were two spirits playing with the stereo, one would turn it on and the other would turn it off. Then, I went to see what else I could sense in her room. I found a spirit grinning mischievously while lying on the shelf in her closet and what seemed to be an angry one stuck in the wall in her bathroom. I took her to another room and told her. She didn't know about the two by her stereo but she knew about the others. She had experimented with opening portals.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have never heard of outer Space encounters from any one I have known. But I do enjoy a good show like The X FILES.
    Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 1:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes. When I was a kid my closet door used to open on it's own. Not like loose hinges or a draft type open. I mean latched, doorknob turn, open quickly. Also, I had a stool that sat next to my dresser that kept moving. I'd wake up in the morning and it would be in the middle of the floor. I wasn't entirely convinced that I hadn't left it there, but finally I decided to put it to the test. I shoved it in between the wall and my desk (tight fit), and sure enough, it sat in the middle of the floor the next morning.

By far the worst experience was when I would see "something" in my room. You know in cartoons, when two cats/dogs get into a fight and they become a blur with "!*#^$&@" surrounding them? It looked like that, only without the symbols. It would start on my ceiling and work it's way down the wall toward my bed. It was accompanied by a hopeless feeling. Hard to explain. "Terrified" would be an understatement.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I had an old futon bed, metal bed frame when I was a teen. Every movement CREEKED so loud the person in the next room could hear it. I was laying down trying to nap during the day. I had just made my bed, all the lights were on. I heard the bed creak, like someone just sat down right next to my head. I opened my eyes and there was an imprint.. as if someone just sat down and got back up.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 8:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• omg, im not gonna sleep tonight from reading these!!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 8:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• When my hubby and I sold one house and were building another, there was a 1 week period we had to room at an extended stay hotel till our home was complete. So, we packed a bag for ourselves and our daughter who was 5 at the time and made ourselves at home at the hotel. One night I glanced over to my daughters suitcase and a little boy wearing overalls was looking through her stuff! I gasped and told my husband, quite hysterically, that a little boy was there and then all the sudden gone. My husband gave me this weird look at got really quiet. I asked him what was wrong and he said he saw the same thing the other night but thought it was his imagination! This hotel was right beside a hospital and the only thing I can guess is perhaps he passed away close to there and saw my daughters toys in her bag and was curious. I will never forget that night. Kinda makes me sad for his spirit. I want to keep him company.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 8:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Okay. a couple weeks ago I was sleeping. I have my macrame craft stuff in a small plastic tote on my desk. In the middle of the night it "fell" and landed in front of my bed... No clue how it got there. It even has a crack in the side of it bc of either the force or it hit the corner of my desk. Next day, my mom sister and brother's gf and I were talking and apparently there is a little girl in our basement that no one told me a bout. I wanna say it was a cat, because my kitties like to get up on my desk, but I dunno. Since I moved in, though, I've felt like I have been watched. I mean she's not bad, because if she was we'd know by now, but still.
    andiecheyenne

Answer by andiecheyenne at 8:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i lived with a ghost for 4 years. he showed himself to me once. he was a 8-9 year old boy. always played tricks on me. like move my bookbag or turn on/off lights open shut doors. stuff like that. he also liked to hit my bed when i was laying in it.
    Shorty616

Answer by Shorty616 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011