Why is the government preventing job creation and as a result lowering tax revenues?

There are some simple things the govt could do..why won't they? This gripe is aimed at BOTH parties.

Here is an example of 1 simple thing. Can you suggest more?

Hundreds of billions of dollars are spent to by goods/services for the govt each year. If they would only give federal/state contracts to US companies on US soil and employing US citizens it would create thousands and thousands of jobs.

These jobs would increase tax revenues.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 12:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Why do they burden businesses with silly and expensive regulations...my dry cleaners has to store our Tide laundry soap in double containers..if we spill some we are supposed to call in a hazmet team. I mean..seriously?

Why do I have to pay an environmental tax when I am a certified green cleaner?

yourspecialkid

Comment by yourspecialkid (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Why does it cost me $100 a year just to have a business name?

What if they turned the tables on the big corps paying no taxes and gave some USEFUL deductions to small businesses instead?

What if they implemented/increased tariffs on overseas goods?
    yourspecialkid

Comment by yourspecialkid (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• The Government does not  prevent jobs. Cutting Tax Revenue is a team effort at all levels of Government. Remember we the people of the U.S.A. Voted those Government People in to Office to act on our part of the issues at hand. We our a free Country. The Business people in the U.S.A. can do or go any were they want to , to do their Business. We are not a Communist Country. You Bet ! that if our Country was Communist, our Government would not let our Business People move jobs over Seas. We are a free trade country. We have freedom of choice. That is  part of what  the U.S.A. is all about .

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• The Business people in the U.S.A. can do or go any were they want to , to do their Business

She was referring to the FEDERAL contracts being given to overseas business rather than corps that operate ON AMERICAN SOIL.

And yes YSK, that pisses me off.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'm sorry -- If you spill Tide (like the kind I can buy at Target?), you have to call the HazMat team to clean it up? I'm really confused here. If Tide is that dangerous, why can just anyone buy it, and what I am supposed to do if I spill it in my home?

I know that's not the main point of your post, but that jumped out at me. Of course Tide isn't that hazardous, but really? That's just a way to make things more difficult for businesses, yes?
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:49 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• That is one way to deal with the issue. But trying to control a business in a free country reeks of Fascism

Another would be to gut the defense budget. Really gut it. There are so many inefficiencies, redundant purchases, outdated and antiquated equipment.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• They dont because I think it's a secrete rule of the Govt to find the most back asswards and most difficult way of doing things.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• May, Tide isn't that dangerous. I have a "green" detergent..can't think of the name at the moment..that I have to store the same way. It is just a stupid time consuming and possibly expensive regulation. I'm not allowed to store more than 5 gallons of the dry cleaning solvent we use..and it is green. The filters we use in our green dry cleaning machine have to be treated as hazardous wastes and hauled off to the tune of $140.00 per filter...6 filters replaced every 3 months! People wonder why dry cleaning is expensive!

Thank you Carpy. I guess the first poster just read the "question" part and skipped the rest. It kind of amuses me when people do that.
    yourspecialkid

Comment by yourspecialkid (original poster) at 8:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• adnilm, so you are okay with the federal government giving contracts to companies owned by foreign countries in places like China and Pakistan. Fine..then you have NO ROOM to bitch about jobs going overseas. We can discuss the defense budget when YOUR husband becomes a Colonel.

yourspecialkid

Comment by yourspecialkid (original poster) at 8:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• It isn't an either or situation. You can't have it both ways. Either competition is good or it's not. If a foreign country can do it cheaper, why wouldn't they give them the contract? Free market Capitalism either works or it doesn't. Now, if you want the government run like a business, you have to let it act like one. Or maybe...it shouldn't be

I can discuss the defense budget any time I choose. Your elitist attitudes are troubling. Special rules for special people. Kind of scary stuff you advocate.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2011