if you weren't dilated at all at 37 weeks...

So I had my first dilation/effacement check today. I'm not dilated at all, and I'm about 25%-30% effaced (blah). I was just wondering (if you remember), if any of you guys weren't dilated at all at 37 weeks? If not, did you deliver on time or past your due date?

(I KNOW everyone is different, I'm just asking for your opinion so I can know that I'm not alone :oD)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was not dialated at all. My due date was June 18, and I was going to my weekly apts and they kept telling me I was not dialating. Finally, on the 18th around 11pm I started to feel contractions. I thought nothing of it, but they kept coming and were getting stronger and stronger. Finally at 4am I told my hubby to take me to the hospital. Well, I had my daughter on the 19th all natural labor and no complications. I feel that it will happen when it happens...I know for sum they need meds to dialate etc, but ideally your body knows when its right.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I was not dilated at all at that point, nor was I effaced. I delivered on my due date with some help - they broke my water and gave me pitocin after my son went into distress and my labor stalled.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I had my oldest at 38 weeks and my youngest at 40 weeks and 4 days (yes, I was counting ). I wasn't dilated at all with either one. I had actually been to the doc the same day my water broke with my oldest.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 7:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I have been the same - 1 -2 centimeters for the past month! supposidly due in 3 days............even with terrible braxton hicks..... wouldn't it be nice if everyone WASN'T different! Good luck!
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I was two weeks late and ended up being induced. I was not dilated at 37 weeks and I don't really remember about the effacement.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I'm almost 39 weeks and still not dialated and I've tried everything lol...so no you're not alone I'm with ya- Good luck and hang in there!
    patientlyw8ing

Answer by patientlyw8ing at 8:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• with both of my sons I didnt dialate until the end my oldest son I had him exactly on his due date my second son I was two weeks late with no dialation at all until the night before. but with him my ob told me to drink rasberry tea I dont know if it worked but give that a try.... good luck I cant wait till Im 37 weeks..
    gee-gee22

Answer by gee-gee22 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Hmm, trying to remember, I think I might have been 1 cm, but not effaced.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i gave birth about 3 weeks before my son was originally born, so i was 37 weeks.
    when i showed up at the hospital i was 5 cm dialated.
    bekahbaby35

Answer by bekahbaby35 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I am just about 37 weeks, i m efaced, but not dialated either >:( Getting very uncomfortable and impatient......i'm due on christmas so I'm really hoping i get a miracle and he comes early so we can be home with fam and not in the hospital! GL!
    missrayanne

Answer by missrayanne at 8:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2008