Non easter candy ideas for eggs and baskets

I don't want to give my kids a lot of candy so what are some ideas do you have for eggs and baskets. I have chalk, bubbles, plant seeds, chuck e cheese tokens, hair clips for my daughter, legos for my son. What else for a 3 1/2 year old boy and a year old girl.

MamaLisec

Asked by MamaLisec at 1:10 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Holidays

• books
    hot wheels
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Chocolate covered strawberries or grapes made into flowers with toothpicks
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• For eggs just go to Party City. They have tons of cheap little toys you can put in Easter eggs. You can also use stickers or coins.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• bubbles, sidwalk chalk, little toys, coloring books, movies, cd of kids artist.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• If we notice our son particularly likes a movie he has watched at his grandparents or another friend/relative's house we will put that in an easter basket for him. We will also give a new book, little plastic slinkies, sticky hands, little wind up toys, and those poppers where you push the little guy down and he sticks and then after a bit it pops and "jumps" up. I find that younger kids and babies love them. It is totally unpredictable when they will pop and babies will crack up laughing at them. slightly older kids will laugh too. My son pulled the "Home alone face" every time it popped up! The hands on cheeks gasp and then I'd do it back and he'd crack up and push it back down. Hours of entertainment for them.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• tattoos, stickers, finger pant, wind up toys, hotwheelscars, bouncy balls, trinkets from candy machine thingy's at stores. etc...
    Pixie81

Answer by Pixie81 at 4:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I got a cute little Easter plate, and some of the "spring" Squinkies for mine. I thought about some lip gloss & nail polish for my girls and hotwheels for my boy but decided against it. Not sure what else they'll get, I'm going shopping with SIL on Saturday for extras.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 21, 2011