help please

I went to the emergency room on 11-24 and had my hcg levels tested and they showed up at 5100 i went to my doctor on 11-26 and had my level tested again and it went to 5200. I have been bleeding and in the last 2 days the bleeding has been more and more with clotting. I went to the doctor today for a vaginal ultrasound and they saw a heart beat, but my doctor called me later today and told me that my hcg levels dropped to 3395. no one will give me any answers and im trying to figure out and get an honest answer to what my chances are for having a healthy pregnancy I have had 2 full term pregnancies in the past. Thank you

erinmd1981

Asked by erinmd1981 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry, but it sounds like you are more than likely on your way to a miscarriage. Your HCG levels should not be dropping like that. How far along are you?
    Anonymous

• 5 weeks 6 days
    erinmd1981

Answer by erinmd1981 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Are you scheduled for a follow up anytime soon? I know it's awful to just wait and see what happens. I miscarried around the same time with my last pregnancy. If you need support, there are some great miscarriage groups on here. The moms there have lots of information and lots of love to give, no matter how this turns out for you.
    Anonymous

• i have no idea i'm not a dr but i would just tell them to give you an honest answer...they should be upfront with you but i don't think it should go down like that
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008