Does "Your Baby Can Read" work???

AydensMommy13

Asked by AydensMommy13 at 1:13 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• NOOOOO I bought it used it for months following the directions I feel that its a brain washing thing and it was weird and my son wasnt interested but all kids are different so good luck maybe yours will like
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:14 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• there was just an article in Time/Newsweek or some magazine like that that talked about how the creators admittedit was a scam.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Being able to parrot back words is NOT reading. To be able to actually read, a child has to also have comprehension of what they are saying. Babies can not do that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I read an article in This Week where they did a study on that. It teaches babies very little, if anything at all.

I love that people say they don't want tv to raise their children. What do you think you're doing by plopping them in front of the tube to watch that garbage? Take your $100 and buy real books and read to your children yourself.

Also known to make your children more dumb than smart: Baby Einstein. They even had a "recall" a couple of years ago, you could turn in up to four dvd's for a refund.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:49 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Wow so apparently, I'm a bad mom because I want to try new things to further my childs learning?? mrsziemann you have no damn right saying I'm letting the tv raise my child, I devote my life, gave up everything to be a stay at home mom so I could raise my child not someone else.
    AydensMommy13

Comment by AydensMommy13 (original poster) at 2:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Just to let you know; The questions asked were rhetorical questions and were not directed at the person posting. The "you" did not mean YOU personally. So stop being defensive.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 2:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I never said YOU were. Stop taking everything so personally.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 2:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• The whole reason for asking questions in the first place is for personal reasons or concerns. All I'm saying is if your going to answer strangers questions try not to say things that might be taken the wrong way.
    AydensMommy13

Comment by AydensMommy13 (original poster) at 2:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Try not to take everything so personally.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 2:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Apparently, the "old" things work just fine. My daughter learned to read by the time she was 4...fluently I might add... & all we did was read to her. She's in K now & reading on a 3rd grade level. The library is free.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2011