How to get playdough out of carpet

Mymother in law thought itd be funny to give my three year old daughter playdough for christmas. NOw itis stuck in my carpet. What is the easiest way to get it out?

brittb795

Asked by brittb795 at 1:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Let is dry completely and pick it out.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• The answer is to not give your kid playdough in the firstplace, unless she's at grandma's.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 1:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have a suggestion. It has happened with my carpet in the past. All you need to do is, take piece of rag (preferably cotton), immerse it in boiling hot water and dab it on the patch where it is. This should soften both the carpet and the dough. Once this is done, say, in a couple mins or so, take a terrycot towel and brush it in one stroke. This will take off the stuff from the carpet.

christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• don't know how to get it out but I thought I'd suggest a new "play dough at the table only" rule if you haven't put one in place already now that it's in your carpet. we always had that rule when I was a kid. And maybe even make edible play dough next time. equal parts peanut butter, powdered milk and honey. If the consistency isn't right, you can add in some flour. It's water soluble so if it gets stuck in the carpet you can rinse and vac the spot.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 2:10 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'm not really sure, but I think if you let it dry and then just try to pick it out would probably work.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• LOL @ Grandma's - perfect answer! Just pick it out, it's annoying and alot of work but that's how it happens!
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 2:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't know. We aren't there yet. I would say to let it dry though and get it out that way.
    deadpplrmyhero

Answer by deadpplrmyhero at 3:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• wait til it dries and flake it out
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• wait til it dries
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2011