What's with the thumbs down?

I've read a few questions on here that ask for personal opinions about different issues and people get thumbs down for them. That's so dumb to me, it's a PERSONAL opinion why are you voting it down?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 1:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Some people thumb down just being childish, that's all. I only use the thumb down when someone is being down right rude and trying to stir trouble, not really contributing to the conversation. Some use just as a way to say they disagree.
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 10:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Exactly
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I never vote a person's answer down. Damn. that's messed up. If I don't agree, I don't agree, and don't answer. That's very RUDE of PEOPLE to give someone a THUMBS DOWN.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 5:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I understand that they disagree, but even when I disagree about something I respect the argument and I just think that voting it down sometimes is unnecessary. When the person is being disrespectful and a jerk then I understand the thumbs down.
    GomezMami2908

Comment by GomezMami2908 (original poster) at 1:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• People see the name of the person giving the answer, and if it's someone they've decided they don't like, they vote it down. Not everyone does this, just the children.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:03 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Apparently there were some children on this post judging by the thumbs downs....SMH.

Btw, I understand what the thumbs down is for what I don't understand is the dumb use of it.
    GomezMami2908

Comment by GomezMami2908 (original poster) at 2:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I got voted down 3 times after I answered a question about a vacuum lol.....so...good question lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Its like yahoo answers almost aparently. So people can choose the best answer maybe.
    Mommy2ZOEBETH

Answer by Mommy2ZOEBETH at 1:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2011