Can you tell me a little about your religion?

What do you believe in? I would like to learn a little more about other religions so I would appreciate a few facts about yours. Thanks.

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 1:38 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm an atheist.  I don't believe in any deities or their counterparts and I don't believe in an afterlife. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I am catholic and we all believe in the same god its just that others make up little rules and stuff but in the end all religions believe in the same god.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'm Christian (AOG specifically). I believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. I believe that Jesus was God incarnate, that He was born of a virgin, that He lived as a human, that He was crucified, and was resurrected 3 days later. I believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and in all the gifts of the Spirit. I believe in a pre-tribulation Rapture. I believe in heaven, hell, and Satan. I believe there are angels and demons. I believe the Bible is factual. I believe in the power of prayer. I believe in miracles. I believe that God created the universe and by Him all things came to be.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 1:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i'am Muslim, if you wann realy know about religions don't get ever influenced , do search and read all what it can cross ur hands and don't belive Media

wish you'll find your way and be happy and close to God , cause all religions get u closer to God
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 2:49 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I believe in balance, I believe there is a God and Goddess(again with balance), I believe in magick and in honoring nature and its cycles.
    I believe in reincarnation and in learning and growing.

Hmmm must be too early cuz my mind is blank LOL. But those are big points of my beliefs. I walk the path of the eclectic so there are no rules except being good to all things, being of service to others, and to follow your heart and accept that everyone is different and entitled to their beliefs.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I am a Christian Universalist - I believe Jesus shows us a way to understand and relate to God and our fellow man, but I don't believe that he's the only one who does this, so I believe that the other religions of the world are equally valid and are merely different ways of understanding and relating to the the Divine and the world around us. I believe the point is the process, the journey, the personal growth. I believe in humanity, in the virtues innate to each and every one of us, those characteristics that make up what it means to be human/e - compassion, love, etc. I do believe that these characteristics are what make us "higher" beings, and reflect the very nature of God Himself, so in cultivating them we are also growing closer to Him in nature and understanding. I believe we all eventually come to a perfect cultivation of those things, even if only when we return to God when we die. I don't believe in hell...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• bandgeek - your views are definitely peeking my interest. I'm intrigued by your posts in these debates.and seek them out for your opinion. I'm listening and reading while questioning my own beliefs. Thank you.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• As a Wiccan we believe that anything that gives life, love and pleasure to us and this Earth is sacred. Our "holidays" (Sabbats and Esbats) are days where the Sun and the Moon influence us and the Earth.

We celebrate the Summer Solstice because it is the most fertile time of year and signals the time for preparation for the harvest.
    The Winter Solstice, while the darkest day, is necessary because the Earth needs to rest so that it can be fertile in the Spring.
    The full moon is important because when we were hunters- it gave us enough light to hunt with. It represents the mother in all women- fertile and full.

We think of the Earth as the greatest gift, a guide and resource. We would be nothing without it- and so it should be treated as sacred.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Atheist, Beeky pretty much covered it. No gods, no afterlife.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't have a religion. I don't go by what one person believes to be true, I go by what I believe in my heart to be true and what God tells me to be true. I don't need to stand before a congregation and try to convince people or try to use God to get people to follow me and pay me all this money so I can buy myself a Beemer. God wants us to love him, not just use him all the time.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2011