SAHM question/Identity

How do you moms keep your sanity? Do you ever feel like you lose your self identity? Sometimes I feel like I play the wife and mommy role but lose myself or things that make me happy. I love being a mom and a wife but I want to do things for me as well. People tell me to do playgroups but I have no car on the weekdays. So I get a little stir crazy during the week.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 1:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Well I am a SAHM and I dont feel like I lost myself because my DH allows me time to do things that I like that keep me being me.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• YES!!!!! Sometimes...and I am not even lying...I say my first name to myself just so I can hear it! I LOVE being a SAHM but sometimes I DO miss just being Monique...I don't really know anyone in the town that I live in...and like you we only have the one car and he takes it to work so......I get a little stir crazy staying in this house all day and now that I'm 7 months preggers it's only going to get worse....really the thing that helps me keep my sanity is Cafemom lol.....that might sound sad but it's the only adult interaction I get all day until hubby gets home....I've met some AWESOME mom's on here and it's just a place that I can be just me....not mommy, not wife....just Monique...it's nice.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have art to keep me sane....i have to draw n paint watever at night when the kids sleep.

raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 2:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• no. DH has three day weekends so on Friday him and DS get some one on one time and I go to the mall or out to lunch with some girl friends.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 2:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I've started blogging, and reading more. And taking more 'me time' like soaking in the tub for an hour here or there once my husbands home
    prettypaper

Answer by prettypaper at 2:50 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I am a loner.. not by choice .. we moved here recently. I read alot and I go to the library by myself. I also check out the thrift stores. I have also taken up a new hobby, making jewelry. It's just me and dd. Other 2 go to school all day. That will soon change. She's going to school this year. I guess I will be looking for a job.. haha. :) Good thing I like working. I have been a sahm for 8 years. It's been good.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2011