What could happen if I did accidentally rubbed some firming night cream around my eyes and on my eyelids?

Why does it say DO NOT? If we try to help firm our face why not the eye area...? (Just as long as it DOES NOT get in to the eyes...my guess
Thanks Ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You might have unwanted irritation and getting cream next to an area as moist and as prone to spreading pain throughout you face as tear ducts/ porous eye areas is a bad idea.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 2:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• The skin near your eyes and the skin on your eyelids are alot thinner and more delicate then the skin of your face....it could cause irritation, redness, swelling....things like that
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Just do not get it in the eye. Be leave me I know it burns the suffice of the eye.
    Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 2:10 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• As a pp said, the skin there is more thin. As this is absorbed into the skin, it could cause problems in that area, because it is more thin and sensitive. So even if you don't put it in your eye, it could soak in and cause problems. If it's something you're wanting to do (firm up that area), then I would get a cream designed especially for that area.

good luck!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• it might be a little too strong as the skin around the eye is more delicate. nothing too serious would happen i think, maybe some irritation. rinse with cool water, it should be fine.
    josi_g

Answer by josi_g at 7:38 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• prob so you dont get the chemicals in your eye.
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• It's not formulated for the eye area. Don't put it on your eye area because it will cause sensitivity. Buy an eyecream specifically for your eyes.Dermalogica has really good eye creams.
    bellaambru90

Answer by bellaambru90 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Your eyes are very sensitive, and the stuff could cause an eye infection.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 10:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2011