Moved into an older home but it has that older home order to it ...How can i get it out of the walls etc

Moved into my fiances Grand Mothers home it is a older home that we are fixing up to be more modern but it has that closed up not used smell to it ..When u leave come back homes when u notice it most

Deannie1258

Asked by Deannie1258 at 1:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I used incense. You can get some really big 4 hour burning ones. They helped alot.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 1:57 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Wash and rinse the walls down . Put some fresh paint on the walls if you can. Shampoo the rugs. Cleaning is the best solution for the Oder's is what I have found.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 2:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• We're cleaning a lot and repainting, which will help. We're remodeling an older house, so I can relate. We also leave windows cracked open (with locks), as the house was closed up for at least 2 years. We bought some air fresheners, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• air it out. maybe try the glade plug ins
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 4:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Place bowls of vinegar in each room. White Vinegar is a natural deodorizer. And cheap too.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:03 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• CANDLES, CLEANS THE WALLS, PLUG IN ODORS
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 9:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• use vinegar water to wash the walls. Make sure you washe the drapes and have the floors steamed. You can also use baking soda and vacuum it up from the carpets
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would try candles and carpet fragances that you can vaccuum out.
    deadpplrmyhero

Answer by deadpplrmyhero at 3:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• open the widows, wash everything and let it air out
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• ODOBAN!!! It is the best cleaner for old smells, musty smells, cigarette smells, animal odors...etc. You name it, it zaps it! Look it up online. I swear by it.
    LoraGardiner

Answer by LoraGardiner at 9:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2011