Finding myself hating pregnant women

And I married into the family that get's pregnant with IUDs in place over age 40 and most in my family don't stand a chance in hell of getting pregnant much into they're 30's. Baby number 1 for us took over a year and I was 18 and now ttc baby number 2 is taking awhile and I'm supposted to be HAPPY that I don't have to worry about irish twins. I hate pregnant women especially my SIL because she got the due date I wanted so badly and I hate my self for hating people.

I realize that my feelings are a little extreme but please tell me I'm not the only one who occasionally dislikes pregnant relatives and complete strangers?

Please be nice please I know this isn't healthy.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 2:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I have been there. Right now I want a baby, but hubby wants to wait a little while. Kinda plan to have the baby when i am out for the summer (I go to college). he is right of course but every time i see a pregnant women I am jealous. Its normal to be jealous just don't let it effect how you treat people especially your SIL
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 2:49 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Before I got pregnant with my son my doctor had told me that since I have PCOS I could not get pregnant. I found myself resenting girls that I knew that seemed to stay knocked up or get pregnant easily. I understand where you are coming from and I'm sorry you feel this way. Things will get better and you'll get pregnant again when the time is right. It always seems like it takes forever when you're actually trying to conceive. Good luck!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 3:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have an 11 month old baby girl who is a very sick baby. We've spent the last year fighting for her life. I have huge jealousy issues when it comes to pregnant moms and moms with healthy babies. Just don't let it control you or cause you to treat people poorly, and find and outlet for how it makes you feel.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 3:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My husband and I have been trying for number two for over three years now and five cycles of clomid and still nothing. I live on Okinawa where everyone says dont drink the water....well I have been drinking and drinking it!! Everyone here is pregnant it seems and yes most of the time I hate them all! You are not alone!
    Brandi2206

Answer by Brandi2206 at 7:03 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• me too. baby 1 took well over a year, then finally with clomid. we're ttc baby 2, and have been trying for...four years?....and counting. clomid, shots and more shots, artificial insemination...it's frustrating to see people get 'accidentally' pregnant. I hate hearing about who's pregnant. and i HATE hearing "god will decide when/if it's time" BS. I don't believe in god anyway. and the thought that piss poor shitty women can get pg. and treat their babies like shit, meanwhile we can provide a loving, stable, finacially secure home for a baby...yet we can't get pg...PISSES ME OFF. oh, and the god thing...IF that's true, i'm glad he's not my god, becasue what a mean SOB not to give me a baby, yet let so many be abused in and out of the womb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2011