Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can anyone help me figure out exactly what this piece of exercise equipment is lol?

My mom had this thing that shaped sort of like an elliptical trainer or that Gazelle thing. I remember that you moved your feet and held onto this stick/post type things on the sides that also moved to work your arms. There weren't any electronic parts, it's was totally manual in ever way with no monitor for time or anything. Anyone have any idea what it might be?


Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Health

Level 38 (105,028 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • sounds like the gazelle my mom has, but that has an electronic part that keeps time/distance.

    Answer by Kainalu55 at 3:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

  • It sounds like a self generating elliptical machine that you generate the energy yourself instead of using electricity. Do you start peddeling and it starts up? You can burn more calories, add muscle and get an overall body workout with the upper body workout arms. I know ProForm makes one because we have them and the regular elliptical machines with just the stationary arms at our gym.
    Hopefully I got close to answering your question!

    Answer by Melindakc at 4:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

  • It's a type of elliptical. My gym has them. Does it look like this?



    Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

  • Not really, elliptical machines are way bulkier than this thing was. It was designed similar to an elliptical, only it sort of folded away really small.

    Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

  • not sure

    Answer by asil at 11:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011