I feel stupid asking this

I would LOVE to have twin boys,I know we have no way of choosing the sex of the baby or any kind of control. I was once told that some foods boost the chances of twins like Yams. Is this true?
Are there any moms of twins?
I honest feel stupid asking this,but its been on my mind so I had to ask.

samie-apple

Asked by samie-apple at 3:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• There are theories about this subject, you should try Googleing it. And actually there is a way to choose your baby's sex (at least with something like an 80% chance of getting the sex you desire), although I believe it is rather expensive. It involves spinning and mixing specific genes (I believe), which means a geneticist.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:42 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i read the yam thing too, then read more about it. they came up with this conclusion when they studied a foriegn town that had yams as a prodominant part of their daily diets, in conclusion, eating more yams will not increase your chances of twins. nothing except your own genetic make up or in-vitro will increase your odds at twins. and contrary to popular belief, not even basic fertility drugs (like clomid) or artificial insemination will increase the chances. Been there, done that too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I honestly dont think that there is a certain food, postion, time or date that you can use to help you get pregnant with twins. I think its genetic. And also the use of fertility meds also help your chances, but they dont just give fertility meds to anyone.
    Married2daBest

Answer by Married2daBest at 5:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2011