Besides language and adult content...what separates a kid movie from a grown up movie?

I'm talking...Tooth Fairy, Princess Diaries, Enchanted type movies.

I'm reorganizing my DVD closet and I separated the adult (above pg-13) and the cartoons. I separated the anime and the box sets...

But I sit stumped...staring at the movies that I PICKED OUT...that the kids enjoy. Some are scratched, others scratched beyond viewing, and some have cartoons in the live action.

Okay, I think I'm putting them with the grown up movies. As scratched up as they are...if I put them with the kid movies...the kids will claim them as theirs and I may not get to see or recognize the movie after it's been played multiple times lol.

What in YOUR mind separates a kid's movie and a grown up movie (besides language and adult content)??

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 3:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Entertainment

• I think I would make a separate category, and call them "family viewing" :-)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:42 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Sailorwifeenmom...smart thinking! Thanks for the idea. LOL.
    Imortlmommy

Comment by Imortlmommy (original poster) at 3:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• first a lot of the movie the kid wont understand, but the actions in the movie are what stays on their mind, how the people treat each other, and the bedroom acts. Sometimes it can be devastating to a child. It was for me.It just stuff beyond their years, like we think that they wont know whats going on, but somehow in their little minds they figure it out, and most of the time its a warped meaning they come up with.
    bobby1991

Answer by bobby1991 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Sometimes the story line can be too complicated for kids even though it maybe considered a kids movie.
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 10:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2011