Potty training......

my two year old is potty training, but he refuses to accept to use the potty. if we take off his diaper and put underwear on him, he pee's or poo's in his underwear! and i know he understands because the worst part... when i just decided fine i wont put anything on him... he found a diaper and held it up to his peepee to use that to pee in. any advice???

amythist615

Asked by amythist615 at 3:39 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am having troubles with mine as well, he will be 3 in July! I am not that stressed about it but I was just thinking about it earlier and had an idea of a method which I am going to try........one that I have actually NEVER had anyone suggest to me (and I have received LOTS of suggestions). I will let you know if I have any success.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My daughter will be 3 in September and I'm not stressing about it. She occasionally agrees to use the toilet or the potty (mostly seh prefers the toilet) but I'm not worried about it. I have 6 kids and have learned (the hard way) that it's just not worth it to try to train a child who isn't ready. Soooo much easier if you just wait. He WILL come around eventually and when you have his cooperation, it's a breeze.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• it's just that i have 2 babies in diapers and it's not doing so good on our wallet :( it's hard to buy diapers for both kids.
    amythist615

Comment by amythist615 (original poster) at 5:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• google 'toilet training readiness' for useful info and to see if he really is ready.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• thanks :)
    amythist615

Comment by amythist615 (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2011