What is the best kind of x-mas tree to buy?

I want to try a real one this year. I don't have a lot of room for one, but would like one that is full. Any ideas? I have never bought a real one before.

WishyClarkson

Asked by WishyClarkson at 7:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Holidays

• It really depends on your ornaments. There are trees that look very full, but the branches are thin, and won't support heavier ornaments. Eastern Red Cedar is one of those. A good happy medium would be a Douglas fir, or better yet, a Noble fir. Nobles are my favorite for Christmas, because they have a lovely scent, the branches are sturdy, they retain their needles for a *long* time, and are easy to care for.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 11:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• the kind on sale the day adter Christmas
    Anonymous

• Well you can go to a nursery and ask one of the people that work there, they usually can tell you the differences between all the evergreens or if you can in my area we go to a Christmas tree farm and cut our own down, it's just $35 for any size tree.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Just go to wherever they sale them in your area and pick on your like. There's really not much more to it. I don't buy real trees, they smell great and all, but they make a total mess and I can't stand it. I bought a really nice one last year at kmart for $150, yeah expensive, but it'll pay for itself in a few years. Anyway, it's so beautiful, last year everyone thought it was real it looks so good.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• the best ones are the fake ones that come with lights! i bought one at walmart it was on sale from 35 dlls to 25 dlls !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My fave would be the Fraiser. It's a wonderful cross between the nice full looking Doug Fir and has the great sturdy branches of the Noble.
    ShutterBug77

Answer by ShutterBug77 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008