To spank or not to spank....

What is your thoughts on this subject?

DreamWeaver669

Asked by DreamWeaver669 at 4:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• i never really spanked my kids, they were pretty good and listened.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:38 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I spank.. but my kids pretty much know better now that spanking isn't so often now.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Spank! Not as a first but a LAST resort. I talk it out, give choices and warnings, take away priveledges and if none of that works ...here comes a slap on the bottom!
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 7:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't actually think that hitting people is right, regardless of how small the other person is. We don't spank.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Both my kids knew what a swat on the ass was like. It wasn't done often. They really didn't need them. Usually other forms worked better for certain situations
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• NOT!!! Children are not mini adults that come equipped with knowing what is appropriate behaviors, they need to be TAUGHT what is and isn't. Spanking just shows kids that it is ok to hit someone else to solve a problem. It is disrespectful and teaches kids to fear their parents not respect them. It also doesn't teach children what the approrpriate behaviors are. I consider spanking a short term solution for a long term goal.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2011