Government trying to ban home gardens?????

Did you hear about this?

DreamWeaver669

Asked by DreamWeaver669 at 4:42 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• no, why would they do that?
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 5:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• no and i do not see why they would. if i could do a garden i would do it because i bought a salad at the store over weekend it looked fresh was a Dole very Veggie Salad. opened it smelled horrible it had a sour smell thought it was me because of just having a baby so i had my mom smell she said OMG where did you get that, i told her. she was like get rid of it , it is spoiled i said i thought so never seen it look fresh but smell like that eww.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 7:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• let me guess, to "better" the economy?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'm not sure that it's banning home gardens, but more so that if you want to share that produce and/or sell it, you are liable if someone gets sick AND they can charge you for charging others for it.....so those cute little road side fresh produce stands that people do....not allowed if they don't have a license and pay for selling. The costs of licensing your business/produce whatever is more than what the people make and so it becomes that they can't make money off of what they're selling....even just to make a little extra money.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 7:57 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i dont know...i typed it into google and tryed to make sense of it but i just can't. it is there though.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• oh i think beachybabe reminded me of someone who got arrested somewhere because they were selling corn...? and they werent suppose to be.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I agree, why would they.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Anon. above is exactly right. You can still grow and you will always be able to grow your home garden. You'll just have to register with the FDA data base if you are selling produce or products created from your produce. This way if there is a case of food poisoning, they can track it. No biggie, and actually pretty smart.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• NO
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 9:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• no, that would be just plain stupid!
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2011