Should the goverment legalize Marijuana?

What do you think?

DreamWeaver669

Asked by DreamWeaver669 at 4:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• hmmm.... well I would say legalize the shit and collect tax from it. maybe put it towards a better health care system
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 4:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes, with all the other problems we have right now. They should tax it, it is already in the hands of so many kids and they don't seem to be able to control anything and keep it off the streets. We have much bigger fish to fry and I feel what anyone over 18 does doesn't bother me unless it involves me. Let em smoke and use the money for programs like medicare and social security. Most states have their own healthcare we don't even need to include everyone, the governement needs to step back and let the states run themselves.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 5:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• No..I am straight edge and do not believe in any type of drug use especially for recreational purposes.
    nvdmomof4

Answer by nvdmomof4 at 6:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I say legalize it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• no. and while we're at it, let's make drinking and smoking illegal as well.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 7:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Some ppl use it for mental health not diagnosed my a doctor. (winkwink!).
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 7:50 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i think yes and use the money to help with health care
    shadowia

Answer by shadowia at 8:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have never smoked or done any other illegal drug. I think the tax revenue it would collect would be great. With appropriate labeling, warnings and age limit for purchase, it wouldn't be any worse than alcohol. At Minimum it should be legalized for medical purposes. The problem would be elimination of the street sellers/growers. People would still go there first because it would be cheaper. So even if it was legalized it would still be years of busting and jailing before it made/saved any money on a gov. level. Just making it legal to grow hinders the small chance of keeping it out of the hands of youth(they will get it any way but why make it simple) Then workers comp. You drug test to get your claim. Is there a way of knowing if they were high on the job or if they did it over the weekend? Alcohol had breath test. (I don't know just wanted to bring it up) There is just a lot of variables to it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:50 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• No! It is so stupid this is even a question. Have you not seen what pot use does to a brain? And you want to make it legal so that people can smoke it and just go about their day, why don't we just legalize drinking and driving while we are at it.?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes. Legalize, regulate and tax just like alcohol.

spoiled_wife

Answer by spoiled_wife at 3:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2011