Anyone else take progesterone suppositories during their pregnancy?

what happened when you stopped taking them? im 36 weeks and stop tomorrow. will this cause labor possibly? im being induced next week for medical reasons so im hoping so because id like to avoid the induction if necissary. ive been on the progesterone since 19 weeks because i was diagnosed with a short cervix

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 6:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i took it from the beggining of my pregnancy until about 16 weeks along. i took it b/c he helped me not miscarraige. nothing bad happened when i quit taking it, i actually felt better b/c it made me so sick! good luck :0)
    polkadot80

Answer by polkadot80 at 6:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I had dFET to get pregnant and shots of progesterone is SOP. When my husband started working out of town, we switched to suppositories. We stopped at 13 weeks. I don't think that suddenly stopping will cause labor. A cervix needs to shorten to nothing as only a thin cervix will dilate. With both my pregnancies, I was induced. With this second one, all I needed was cervidil to get labor going. The cervidilwas placed at 10:30 and my twins were born at 5:01 and 5:06.  I went into labor at 28 weeks and my cervix had shortened, but I was given breathine to stop contractions.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 7:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2011