So who else deals with depression

i really am in a bad place right now and need to go to the hospital and i cant because of my home life situation.i cant get out of my rut.what to do?

flipper4u21

Asked by flipper4u21 at 6:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Health

• Are you on something for this? Does your doctor want you in the hospital? or can you just go through the Doctor?
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I suffered with depression so I understand. Medication does a lot and so did counselling. Best of luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i suffered also. i say get help asap! find a way. definitely medication, and maybe some counseling also would be a good idea. hope things get better!
    josi_g

Answer by josi_g at 7:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I take a lot of vitamins and supplement which helps: B-complex, fish oil, etc. I found that eating chocolate and/or anise will trigger depression so I avoid them. They are hard to avoid as Coke and Pepsi (all colas) have chocolate and list it as 'natural flavor'. When things get worse, meds and counseling have been a big help.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 7:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I just focus on my children and some good around us .I have tried meds but make me shakey inside like when u have to much caffine always want to eat thinking I'm low sugar.
    belindaoquendo

Answer by belindaoquendo at 8:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have depression, and I'm on meds for it now, after suffering with it for around 10 years. I haven't ever had to go in to the hospital for it, though. So far, I've been on 3 different meds before I found one that works for me. I hope you are able to get the help you need, and know that you're not alone! Sending warm thoughts and prayers your way!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:13 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have depression and I take meds and see a therapist and it has really helped me
    shadowia

Answer by shadowia at 8:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My best friend has suffered for years, and after being diagnosed a month ago with fibromyalgia, I have fought it every day since then. It hit me like a ton of bricks that doctors categorized me because they don't know what's wrong with me. I just deal as best I can. My family has a tendency to become dependant, so I stay away from meds of any sort. I find a tanning bed helps me, I cover myself in sunscreen, and go for 8-10 min. I always feel better, at least for the rest of the afternoon.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 8:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• thank you to all of you and letting me know im not alone.my councelor just cancelled services yesterday due to my insurance and government guidelines.so i was seeing a therapists for like the last 6 months and i do still see a phsychiatrists (sp) and we are still working on finding meds that work. i actually seen him again today and told him the thoughts and let him know i should go to the hospital but i really cant so hes still trying to get my meds preauthorized and said come back in 2 weeks
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i don't, but i know you are not alone
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2011