Help!! Nervous first-time mom

Im getting my blood tests today for birth defects etc. and i cant even sleep thinking about it! I am a nervous wreck! Did anyone else experience this???

josi_g

Asked by josi_g at 7:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, I opted out of having the test done. My dr. said that older women (late 30's early 40's) are more at risk for having the birth defects. I figured its my baby and I will love it regardless and all of the ultrasounds I had looked great so I didn't see the need in having the blood test too.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• hugs

You will do fine I'm sure!!!

L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• thank u! im sure ur right, just mom anxiety i guess
    josi_g

Comment by josi_g (original poster) at 7:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• don't let the crazy pregnancy stuff get yoou down it is normal to be nuts it will gp away zzzzzzzzzzzz Prayers for sleep
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 7:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• thanks hun! i need it!
    josi_g

Comment by josi_g (original poster) at 7:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't think they did that when I had my son. I will opt out with the next kid unless the U/S(If I get one of those) shows something definite.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• relax everything will be okay and if there is something wrong then its good to know before the child is born because then you can have the right doctors lined up to help you through it i was a nanny for a special needs baby and she was just the cutest thing you will love your baby no matter what so just relax
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 8:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I had the test because I was 35 when I got pregnant with my daughter. I was concerned because of the risks associated with my age, but I didn't let it get to me. I had a miscarriage in the past so, I think I was more worried about that happening again. I guess we all get super stressed about different things when we are expecting. Just try to focus on something else as much as possible until you get the results. Hugs to you.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I had the test with both my boys, i think its better to be prepared and know what you will have to deal with if God for bid anything is wrong. It gives you time to research and learn. I had the cystic fibrosis gene and was lucky my SO was not a carrier too. But i got to research and learn about the disease until we got his results. Don't worry, it is what it is, and worrying will not change it. You will be fine, good luck!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• yes i was nervous too i just had my blood test 2 months ago and this is my second baby... just stay positive and all will turn out just fine!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011