Are your kids easy to wake up for school or do you have a hard time waking them for school?

I hate school mornings... my kiddos are soooo not morning people and it is horrible.. the only solance i have is that.... one day they will have kids and have to wake them up early and they will remember the times they gave me hell when i would wake up for school...lmao... because... i am getting payback for the yrs i put my momma thru when i was younger... lol... i too wasnt a morning person and my mom told me... I HOPE YOU HAVE A KID JUST LIKE YOU.... well her curse got me 3 times...now it is a pain to wake my kiddos for school.... sigh...

SHELL28

Asked by SHELL28 at 7:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• My oldest is only 4....I get her up at 6:20am for pre k and is really good about it. However, I'm sure it will be more difficult when she is older lol.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:10 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i have to get mine up around 6 am , they eat breakfast at school thankfully because our bus comes around 630-645 but it takes me a while to get them up and then they have to get dressed ,brush ,hair etc and my oldest has to take her medicine to get it in her system by school time. then also i play music for them to try to calm them before school sometimes it works since my oldest has asperger's syndrome but sometimes it does not.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 7:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• DD is 14 and her bus comes at 6:50. She's a deep sleeper and extremely hard to get up. She also needs to be prompted 8 - 10 times, so I can't get much done from 5:50 - 6:50 as I keep needing to remind her. (A lot of this is due to her ADHD and Aspergers.) Her twin brothers (age 6) are easy. Their bus comes at 8:25. So long as I wake them by 7:45, we make the bus. They can go upstairs and get dressed and come down with just the prompt to get dressed. DD needs 4 prompts from me to do that and still missed the bus a lot.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 7:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• my 5 and 3 year old get up on their own around 8, they dont go to school til 9:30 and 10am..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My girls are 9 and 10 they are easy to get up. Me on the other hand I have a hard time...lol.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• busy momThey are monsters when it is time to get up from school. My son is 8 my daughter is 4. It's funny that they wake up toooo early on the weekends without my help. Are they programmed?

KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 7:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't have to wake them. They get up on their own long before I get up. They are usually ready to go when I finally get out of bed at 7:30am. Sometimes I don't get up at all (because I'm sick or really tired and miss/forget the alarm). On those days I've woken after 8am and the kids are already gone. They are 10, 9 and 8. I can't remember the last time I had to wake them for school.
    The only time I really had problems was last year when my oldest was in 4th grade. We allowed her to start staying up until 8pm and she started throwing fits every morning, refusing to get up, dragging her feet, whining and crying over everything. She obviously wasn't getting enough sleep so we moved her bedtime back to 7pm and the issues stopped. She had to be up at 6:45am last year and still needs 12 hours of sleep. This year they don't have to get up until 7:30 at the latest and go to bed at 8pm.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• 2 of my 3 children wake up easy and always have. My oldest is a different story. The only other thing that might change is when the youner ones become teenagers because right now they aren't

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• my oldest is the worst getting up, the other 2 are easy
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 7:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have 5 and two out of the house. My oldest was always up at 6am and in bed by 8-9pm on her own even as a teenager, she is still this way, so no problems with her. My oldest son, yes he wanted to sleep all day, still does. My 17 yr old, is like the oldest up at the crack of dawn. My 11 yr old could probably sleep until 10am if I let him, but he isnt hard to wake up. My youngest rolls herself up like a burrito in her blankets and hides under them when its time to get up. It takes a good 10-15 min to get her out of bed.

Answer by gemgem at 8:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2011