Did anyone else DH just decide he didn't want to be married one day?

My Dh just decided he didn't want to be married. And the only reasons I can truly get out of him is he's love for me has changed since we had our son and he doesn't like the concept of marriage (less freedom, less personal items and space). I have tried to explain to him that these are feelings of becoming a parent but he doesn't seen to understand.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 7:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry :( it sounds like he is going through a personal crisis and your family is stuck in the middle.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i am so sorry :( ((hugs))
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• hugs

L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• in other words..he is jealous of the baby because the world is not spinning around him anymore. you have a baby that is soaking in more attention than him and he just wants to sit in the corner and cry about it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:49 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• im sorry :( hopefully he will agree to some counseling of some sort?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• That sucks. And actually I did have my husband suddenly decide that but it was after 7 1/2 years of marriage and 4 kids. He just up and disappeared one weekend and then we were separated for 6 weeks. I was just settling on the idea of being a divorced mother of 4 small kids (they were 7, 5 1/2, 4 1/2 and 15 months) when he called and begged to come home.
    His only explanation for it was he was "tired". He said a lot of mean things at the time that he took back completely (said he only told me them because he was mad...he's not the most mature person sometimes). That was almost 4 years ago and we're still together and have had another baby (they are now 10, 9, 8, 5 and 9 months).
    Hope things work out for you.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yeah but like the above poster mine waited until we were married 9 yrs and had 3 children! Maybe he just needs a break.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Tell him he can have all the space he want. As long as you get everything in the divorce. Car, furniture, kid/s,everything. Including childsupport.

Answer by louise2 at 8:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yeah, from the day our oldest was born something changed. He waited 5 years and 2 kids later to tell me he was unhappy and didn't want to be married because he was jealous that he wasn't my #1 anymore.

We are much better off without him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• hugsI am SO sorry honey

Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2011