Any other moms in school?

I keep a really high GPA and never miss school or an assignment...but good lord lately I can't stay motivated. I'm quite tired and pregnant...I've got homework due for my statistics class tonight and I can't make myself do the reading or work! I have yet to "half ass" an assignment, but I am so tempted to tonight...you know, turn it in half done, or throw a bunch of guesses on a paper and see what sticks. lol...wow, just re-reading that sounds SO LAZY! Any other college moms in a funk?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Definately..I think its happens when the semester is about to end. I have 2 more weeks and I am just not feeling like doing anything for this freaking class....I just also want to be over with this already...25 yrs old and am just sooo sick of school...Arrrrhhhhh lol
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Completely. This semester just has me drained, and I'm so ready to be DONE. I don't feel like doing anymore work, and I definitely don't feel like continuing to drive the hour+ four times a week to get to and from classes. I have a 7 page paper due tomorrow night that I haven't even started, and need to leave for a class soon. My last final for the semester is the 18th, and that just sounds ages away.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I am not there now, but I have been there. It sucks when you are tired and all you want to do is lay down and go to sleep. Sometimes I would take a little break and do something else, even just watching TV for 1/2 hour, if I could.

I know it is hard. You can do it and your semester must be almost over so I would say try to stick it out and if you really don't feel like it tonight email your prof and see if you can turn it tomorrow.

Good Luck and keep up the good work.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• lol...I know what you mean. I know I've only got 2 weeks of class left til the end of the semester and winter break, but it cant come soon enough for me!!! The idea of keeping up this energy for another 2 weeks is killing me...and then knowing I get to do it again with a brand new set of classes after break is over stinks too! lol. Maybe the break will give me a better perspective.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i am so there... i let it get the best of me and dropped more than half my classes and am only in one now... i just would always rather spend time with my son!! i regret it now.. i just couldn't get myself motivated either and the semester before this one.. i was on the deans list and had perfect attendance.. man i wish i was still likethat LOL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I'm 25 too and I think that I will feel "naked" without school when I finally do finish. I am going straight through my Masters with no break...and then "we'll see" on the doctorate. I'm just worried if I stopped I wouldn't go back. Years and years of school is starting to wear on me though.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I have 3 weeks until my break. I am happy my astronomy class is over except for the extra credit that is due tomorrow. I have a low B so I need to do the extra credit. I have 3 classes left until I am done and I am so ready to be done
    aprues001

Answer by aprues001 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• my finals are next week, so i'm not really in a funk. i just hate freakin school. I've completed over 80 hours in three semesters (fall, spring, summer). I know all about the school push.

My stat. class was easy though, it was all on the computer.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• man reading the answers makes me so happy i am in a community college and doing quarters, just ten weeks!!! i was there at the end of fall quarter last month i so was beyond ready for my holiday break and to be done with intro to algebra and my stupid useless computer classs.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 9:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yes, that's why I'm here. I like to get a little side tracked with cafemom. Plus DH thinks since I'm on the computer I must be doing homework!
    sadfairytale

Answer by sadfairytale at 10:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2008