Ladies..are you the one in relationship who...

Starts pulling away at some point? I am. Things can be great and all of the sudden I wake up on day and want out. Nothing to do with SO, I just want my life back. Not that I want to go date others or party, I just want to be by myself. I am very independent and have a hard time being with someone.

Nickcole23

Asked by Nickcole23 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope but we do take time for ourselves frequently so that we don't feel that way.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Sort of. I am very independent as well and I sometimes find myself thinking why I'm with someone at all (and I've been married 25+ years). I just feel at times that maybe a part-time marriage (though completely impractical) would work much better for me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I agree with Jademom, can't you take a day for yourself once a week?
    Either have a GNO or just go out solo and have some time for yourself?

Think about the reasons you feel in love with your SO, would that help?
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I am a full time mommy have her 100%. I do go every 3 months for a hair cut, so I get an hour to myself then. My family and I are not close so they have never watched her. My SO has watched her so I could go home and clean and do laundry.
    Nickcole23

Comment by Nickcole23 (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My SO has watched her so I could go home and clean and do laundry.

Is this her father? If so, he shouldn't 'watch' her. He is not a babysitter. He should take an active role in her life. Every week, start scheduling something to do that is not cleaning house. Walk the mall and window shop, go take a lunch with a friend...something. he will not volunteer so sign him up.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• No! We try to do a lot together, but I have days when I call my two sisters and we go out for lunch and drinks while the kids are in school, but other than that, I really enjoy spending time with my BF. He's a great guy, and plus our relationship is still fairly new, so ask me again in a few months.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You don't like commitment. Or maybe you have not found the one that you cannot let go of. It will happen.
    bobby1991

Answer by bobby1991 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Not only do Mommy and wives NEED alone time, but we deserve it! I use to think my alone time was my 30 minute car ride to/from work but then I realized I want/need and deserve some ME to. No SO, no kids, no work or cleaning. Just me me me. Sometimes when I get it I literally just lay on the couch all day eating without having to share and watching tv or movies I want to watch. Find a high school girl to babysit and go out for yourself. Its hard but you deserve it girlie!
    daina82

Answer by daina82 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• No, he is not the father. We are at his house a lot, and when I leave to go home to my house and clean or do laundry there have been a few times he said she could stay there with him and his boys and go do what I needed to. Wow, I didnt know your SO are not allowed to "watch" kids. I know he is not the babysitter. I guess your statement would apply to the 2 times I have been sick and he "watched" her so I could go to the Dr.. Does that make me his babysitter when I have watched his kids so he can run to the store or if he got called into work (Airforce) for half a day orfwork. I thought in a relationship you help each other.
    Nickcole23

Comment by Nickcole23 (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• try finding someone who is as independent as you are. If you feel you can't live a free life with your guy, then he is not right for you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2011