IS it Rude?

My husband since i lived with him when we were dating always has to be loud when his alarm clock goes off at 4:30am so he can be to work at 5am.
He wakes up to his alarm, turns on our light (understandable when u can't see in the dark) gets dressed and washes his face and feeds the cats.
Before he leaves if he doesn't remember where he put something or misplaced it, he calls me to wake me up and blame me for possibly touching it which i don't. I always tell him i don't keep tract of where u put ur things. Then right when he leaves he comes and gives me a kiss, (that i don't mind), as he shuts the door he always slams it shut, doesn't shut it nicely just slams it.
I have asked him why must he wake me up at 4:30am everyday to complain or make me look for something he misplaced. His answer is because u have to keep tract of my stuff. I tell him that is fine if u want to wake me up, but can't u do it more nicely instead of yelling. His answer to that is i am in a hurry. I then tell him well i need some more rest because i have to chase our sons around and babysit to other boys. He then says well i don't care i work and u don't do crap. He then apologizes to me when i get to his work so he can see his sons.
I even asked him why he has to slam the door so loud when he knows their are kids sleeping who could possibly wake up and i have to deal with it. He says well the door don't shut. I tell him i have no problem shutting it.
I don't know is this rude or am i being childish

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 9:11 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Um no that is 100% rude! I get he has to wake up early and get ready, but my DH gets up at 430 am to be gone by 5am he doesnt turn on the bedroom light. He will either turn on the closet light or even just the bathroom light. I would be upset as well if he did that and woke me up every morning. He is a grown man, if he can not find something there is no need to blame someone else and have them wake up that early!!
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think it is inconsiderate. My DH leaves at about 5 am, I get up with him, make him breakfast and have his clothes ready but that is what I CHOSE to do, you want to sleep so you should be allowed to. Plus, watching other people's children IS work and watching your own instead of putting them in daycare saves the family money
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I'd say its extremely rude :/ He needs to get his shit together before y'all go to bed...make him set aside his outfit for the next day so he's not scrambling in the morning to look for it. Make sure all his stuff is together, so he's not running around and screaming "WHERE IS IT?" My husband would get a bitch for a wife for the days he would do that to me, and now he doesn't.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• He's being an ass and a baby
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Lots of guys don't like the fact that they have to get up & the wife gets to sleep in. I have a friend in the same exact position. Her husband ALWAYS wakes her up when he wakes up.

I think they get angry that they have to get up & so, it makes them feel better when they wake you up. It's like this - "if i have to wake up so early, then you do to"

It's extremely selfish & controlling. I would be such a bitch about it, that my DH would be scared to death to wake me up that early. So glad my DH is considerate though & would never do that..
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• It does seem rude, yes. Some of it is just rude, like slamming the door or turning on the light. But telling you that you're supposed to keep track of his crap and that you don't do anything...that's more than just rude. I don't mind helping my SO find something he's misplaced if he asks me to, but if he told me it was my responsibility to keep track of his crap, he'd find his crap out in the yard.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• It's rude. And on Saturdays when I get to sleep in and DH gets up w/the LOs he slams cabinets in the kitchen, microwave door, front door and never fails, I don't get to sleep in lol But that's a bit different from what you're going through, maybe he should be a big boy and get his stuff ready the night before? Sorry that is a smart ass answer but I hate it when husband's think their wives who "don't work" should get them ready for work!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 9:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My Dh gets up at 430 for work also and if he didnt come to kiss me goodbye I would never know he even got up and left, thats how quiet he is. So ya, thats pretty rude of him. Maybe he needs to go back to his elementary school days where he lays everything out the night before for work. My dh is nice enough that he doesnt even turn our bedroom light on, he turns the bathroom light on if he needs to see anything.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Maybe you should start getting up at 4 am and do the same thing to him for a week...see how he likes it.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• He is being a rude, inconsiderate jerk!!!! Maybe you should have him pick out his clothes before he goes to bed and also round up all the crap he needs to 'find' in the morning and put it all on the table in plain sight. That way he does not have an excuse to wake you up and turn the light on.
    My hubs gets up at 4 am for work while I sleep till 6:30. My hubs is very considerate, he picks out his clothes the night before and puts them in the bathroom, he makes sure all the things he needs is in plain sight in the morning so he does not have to hunt for it. He is also good about being quiet, and closing the door quietly. IF he was like your husband I would raise the roof and have 'words' with him.... and I would also make it a point to wake HIM up a few times during the night (every night) and see how he likes it!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2011