Is this bothersome to you about some teachers? Unbelievable.

I find this to be so arrogant out of these people.

Are they promoting violence or is it just agenda pushing and exploitation?

http://www.eagtv.com/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I couldn't watch the whole video...her voice...clear your throat lady!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i get what they are saying but really i believe that the kids are already being heard all around the world. their are more elementary and high school shootings and guns being brought to school than ever before. I think teachers need to teach what they are supposed to but need some courses in compassion and tolerance and also what to look for in bullying. But what it really boils down to is the school systems as a whole needs to be all on the same page so that the whole school can function.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yep it bothers me. I think teachers should teach. If they teach math, stick to math, if they teach reading, teach reading. I dont really think they need to do anything else but that. Maybe if they stuck to that we would be doing better overall in the education dept. I thank God every day I live in a small southern town smack dab in the Bible belt. Our teachers are part of our community, and understand what parents want for their kids.

Answer by gemgem at 9:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Wow, I'm so glad my kids are out of school and neither are taking college classes that involve political thought from anyone. I used to wish my kids went out of state for college but after thinking about it I'm glad they stayed in TX.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• my oldest child is in the first grade. we think often about homeschooling. you need to be very involved as a parent, and really learn what your children are being taught.
    school teachers in general are very liberal in their politics. imo, too much of one thing usually leads to a bad thing.
    i agree w/ gemgem that there should be more focus on the basics.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• All I heard was "blah blah blah". I even turned my speakers up and I STILL couldn't understand a damn word she was saying.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think teachers should teach. If they teach math, stick to math, if they teach reading, teach reading.
    ..............
    agree

They are getting to political and that is very dangerous!!!!!!!

parents need to go into school to see what hell is going on and protest if you don't like it!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I teach my daughter how to stand up for her rights. She has been to protests and written letters to her government,including the white house, since she was 6.She goes with me to every voting booth watches the country she lives in with a very scrutinous eye.That is for me to teach. I understand too few people teach their kids the importance of equality in a rational, unbiased sense. Teachers may feel it's important to educate your child early in life, which few do, but they have to have some boundaries. I feel their frustration. People are ignorant when it comes to knowing their rights and entitlements and a lot of them pay for that during the course of their life.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 12:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You know, my favorite teachers were the ones who encouraged independent thought and polite debate, who allowed me the space to think critically and rationally and to have the courage to act on what is right even if it goes against the authorities (including them).

I know that a lot of parents also teach this but a lot don't. And I TOTALLY agree that the teachers MUST teach the curriculum first (science, math, etc.). But teachers do have a big impact on kids outside of the curriculum - it's the nature of human interactions. Do you want them to implicitly teach the kids to keep their heads down and just swallow what they are told to swallow from the person in charge? I'm so NOT a radical liberal, but I see no harm in encouraging kids to think about things like justice and personal empowerment as long as it's not one sided.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 1:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think it's important for teachers to teach their subjects but to also teach kids how to think, how to question, and how to reason. To use those as a basis, even within teaching the basics. Before Galileo, EVERYONE just KNEW the sun orbited the earth. Just because we "know" something and it seems to be a basic doesn't mean it is, and there is nothing wrong with teaching the "known" and instilling intellectual curiosity.

I think it's fine to teach kids to think. I think using the classroom as a platform for your own agenda, radical on the left or right, is wrong. Be extremist about whatever you want, but you don't get to teach it to my kids. Teach my kids what you are hired to teach, and teach them to think, and reason, and look at something, ask questions, do research - fine. But no specific personal agenda.

LOL - only I get to poltically rant to my kids.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 11:29 PM on Apr. 21, 2011