Have you ever regretted giving your child his or her name?

I haven't, but I was thinking about this yesterday. Have you ever wished you could go back and have a naming re-do? If so, why?

-Was your child named after someone you have now lost respect for?
-Did you realize after the fact that the name is silly?
-Do you feel as your child has grown that the name doesn't really fit his or her personality?
-Was your naming decision influenced by crazy pregnancy hormones?
-Did you succumb to pressure by an SO or family member to choose a certain name?
-Any other reason?

I'm asking simply out of curiosity, not to debate or call anyone out over the chosen names :-)

vicesix

Asked by vicesix at 9:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Baby Names

• About the only time I've ever wished I'd named them something else was when they were just driving me nuts - and much like the comedian, I thought for a moment that maybe I should have named them "Stop That" and "Be Quiet" (or the more adult, teenage-oriented version) "Damn It Come Here" and "Why The Hell Did You Do That"
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 9:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• tnm786...I LOVE the name Taylor for a girl thats really cutee :)
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• YES! Ughh.. My poor daughter ZoeJain.. Man I wish we would have just named her Zoey Jane ____ instead of Zoejain Louise ____. Poor kid is going to have a complex always telling people how to say/spell her name and explaining that ZoeJain is her first name and Louise is her middle name!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My daughter's name is Cleo. I do not regret the name but she does get frustrated that people confuse her name for Chloe all the time.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 9:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Nope, I do not regret naming my children what I named them.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• the only one im not too fond of is our youngest daughter's name: Taylor Elizabeth. i let my husband pick her name and he was firm in his decision. i really wanted to name her Isabella or Brianna. it has grown on me now, but i still don't particularly like Taylor for a girl. i love my older daughters names still: Lily Nicole and Savannah Madison.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• when my son was like 2 weeks old I started having my doubts and not liking it, but he has def grown into his name. Now I couldnt imagine him named anything else. His name is Andrew and we call him Drew mostly.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My 1st and 2nd dd's I love their names ( Mackenzie Elizabeth Joy & Hailey Addison)

My 3rd dd I love her 1st name Kyndal, her middle name is Alana kate and I don't like it so much(hubby picked it) I wanted to name her
    Kyndal Alexis...oh well.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Not so much on the name but the Spelling of it. Her name is Sierra but I wanted to spell it Ciera (like the perfume) lol.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I regret giving DS his dad's last name. Turns out he's not much of a dad.
    Anonymous