Do you find it hard to answer questions

on Cafemom when your answer is not a warm and fuzzy answer? There are some people who don't like it when someones answer is short, sweet and to the point,( not rude) and not all nice and warm and fuzzy. I know there are some people on here who are just rude and mean. But what about the people who are just giving an honest, straight forward answer. Do you find it hard answering some questions because some moms just jump right to bashing anyone who has an answer that disagrees with theirs, or isn't warm and fuzzy?

clumm

Asked by clumm at 9:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I have no trouble being brutally honest with anyone.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I try not to give straight-to-the-point answers, because I don't feel that that helps anyone. I try to make my answers helpful to the OP, but also of course honest. For example, I HATE it when someone asks "Is this a good name for a baby?" and then people answer with a simple "no." That really doesn't help, even though it technically answers the question that was asked. This, to me, is like following the letter of the law but not the spirit. If I don't like the name, I will say so, but I will give a REASON. I think that's helpful - maybe I don't like it b/c I don't like names that could be for a boy OR a girl - OK, if the OP feels that way too, she may reconsider the name. But maybe she loves androgynous names! Then she knows she can discount my opinion on the name.

Also, I find it very helpful to identify with the OP, validate where she is coming from and why she might feel the way she does, no matter what my answer.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Nope, I will try to sugar sweeten it as much as I can but in the end sometimes it comes out blunt, honest and to the point. I'm not meaning to be rude but WOW some of these questions really need a wake up call!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• No, I don't find it hard to be honest. I don't normally try to sugar coat things for people, either. Now, if it's a delicate subject (cheating husband) I might try to soften the blow. No need to be an outright bitch.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• sometimes. I think I'm considered one of the bitches though so...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• It doesn't bother me at all, I am a debater by nature and i am entitled to my opinion, as many have seen, i have STRONG opinions on many issues that people may not agree with but people need to know that everyone does not think alike and that isn't right or wrong it's just life. Some people need to hear the honest truth on some issues and if you post a question here you have to be ready for all kinds of advice and comments, take away from it what you want and ignore what you don't like. Too many people take things wayyyy to seriously. I appreciate everyone's point of view, even if i do not agree with it.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Sometimes, yes. But I always try to frame my answer in such a way that it conveys that I'm trying to helpful and offer what I consider to be some good, honest, straightfoward advice or thoughts on the matter, even if it's not what the poster wants to hear.

Every once in a blue moon, someone posts something that is so egregiously irresponsible or disgusting that I will just say so and not worry about pussy-footing around the subject, but that doesn't happen often. I'm more likely to skip those with a shake of my head.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have no problem what so ever, I am ok with being blunt & straight foreward. I can't stand when people sugar coat stuff just so they dont hurt someones feelings.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Nah, but I sugar coat everything (almost) to the point where I might give the reader diabetes! LOL so....even if I am being "brutally honest" I doubt I'll hurt anyones feelings lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• not if I now the answers to them, others I give my oppion, And what ever I never experience with myself or others I leave alone.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2011