Hey I actually was pretty good! He didn't know what he was talking about!

When I was in middle school I was a drummer in the school band. I had never been in band and had to catch up with the other kids who had been doing this since 5th grade. So I did have some catching up to do. Plus to make it harder I was the only girl in the percussion section. So my director was always putting me on the triangle or the big bass drum. When I did get to actually pick up some sticks he was always stopping practice to tell me I was doing it wrong.
I actually scored a 4(which is the highest you can get) on my drum solo at state. I always thought it was because the judges felt sorry for me.
He was kind of creepy too because he would always wrap him arms around me and hold my hands to show me how to do a drum roll or something. One time he actually said to me " Did anyone ever tell you just how beautiful you really are?"
well one day I didn't have my uniform for a proformance so I got sent to the "time out room" for the rest of the year and could no longer go to practice or performances.
So my DS has a drum set and just got sticks for it last night. I was showing him how to use them. And hot dog I'm pretty good! LOL! it's been a few years but :P Band director! I no longer think I got a pitey 4!

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• *pity
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 9:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• good for you!!! i went thru something similar but in the colorguard...dont let them wear ya down!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• you rock

Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Thanks ladies! I just felt pretty good this morning and wanted to pat myself on the back,LOL.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Sorry about the creepy director. As a former band geek (and one who hasn't picked up her instrument in years!) I congratulate you in your drum demonstration. Way to go!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011