COLORING UR HAIR

IM 14 WEEKS AND WNTD TO KNOW IF ITS OK 2 GO AHEAD AND COLOR MY HAIR SINCE IM IN MY 2ND TRIMESTER? HAS NE ONE ELSE COLORED THEIR HAIR WHEN THEY WERE PREG?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I never did, but it is okay to do.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• yes it is ok..there is not medical or scientific proof that it harms the baby. i did it too. just make sure you have a fan or a open window so you dont breath to much of that amonia in.
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 8:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I've heard that it's fine, but I've made the personal decision to wait until after he's born. I just think of all the fumes I'd be sitting there breathing in for 2 or so hours, and just think that it wouldn't be a great idea. You're supposed to have a well-ventilated area, but if you're doing it at a Salon, I don't know how many have access to windows they can open, or a fan.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I dyed my hair in the 2nd trimester. There is Revlon 10 minute hair color that works great. Make sure to do it in a well venilated area, and it is fine.
    LmG725

Answer by LmG725 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I've colored my hair 2 different times during this pregnancy, no big deal. The only issues i have had was that the colors always took on a red tint which i was told had something to do with me being pregnant.
    DiVine87

Answer by DiVine87 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i relaxed my hair when i was pregnant, with a natural on though.
    bekahbaby35

Answer by bekahbaby35 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I never colored my hair while I was pregnant but my OB told me that after 14 weeks it was okay to go ahead and color if I wanted to.
    Cliodina

Answer by Cliodina at 12:49 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• never colored my hair when i was pregnant. ob told me not to, because of all the chemicals
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2008