My daughter will be two in July..I'm really interested in getting her into modeling. I live in Virginia Beach, Does anyone know how I or where or what I do ?!? Lol, please .

babymomma4

Asked by babymomma4 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My first suggestion is to rethink it. She's very young and you're teaching her that she's only as good as her beauty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think you're going to catch a lot of bad attention with this post. I know you're asking how...but I ask why would you? I have too many bad feelings about modeling, beauty pagents, etc. I think they promote vanity and set the stage for low self esteem in the end, as well as a materialistic attitude. Just my thoughts. I bet your daughter is beautiful and to think of her mind saturated with the idea her looks are the only thing that matters...I bet you don't want that to happen.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Agree, I think this is asking for bad attention.
    She's 2. Rethink it. You do no want a Lindsey Lohan on your hands.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• What I would do is a Google search of child modeling agencies and go from there. We were approached once when walking around a mall if we wanted to get DD into modeling when she was around 18 months. We said no, but we did talk quite a bit to the person and was told that if we ever did, don't go with an agency that makes you pay a bunch of money up front. Good luck!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Why?

girls have enough problems without adding stuff that would come from that...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I think it's one thing when you do what a child wants and let them model. It's another when the parents want them to. I am with the others on this one, I would think about it long and hard.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2011