Does anyone else take it this way?

ok so a long time ago i was gonna quit cafemom. I didn't realize i was asking questions the wrong way and so i posted like a "i'm pissed and noones gonna read it anyway post" question. I was really just kinda seeing if i could ruffle a few feathers get a response out of someone and at least get one of my questions answered. And the first thing that someone says to me is "troll" i was like ok name calling i can deal with that it opens a discussion anyway. Well to make a long question short or at least im trying i found out today two things:
1. I am even worse at computers and not up with the lingo AT ALL!!! haha
And 2. That what she called me actually exists!! i thought it was just name calling until i saw someone post on another question google it. so i did. And what i found i was appalled by. The one definition they give for the internet i can see it makes sense. But then i saw another definition that this is what people label ADHD or severely depressed kids. My son has adhd and odd and a mood disorder. And yes he does things to get attention but to think that people think of my child as a troll??? does this upset anyone else or am i really reading too much into the definition?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 10:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Troll, as an internet term, has existed for decades. It has never, in an online context, referred to special needs children. There are different regional uses of all kinds of words - more than likely there have been people who discover the internet and the first time they see someone mention a "baby buggy", they're wondering why the hell someone would put a baby in a shopping cart. That misunderstanding is on them, though, not the community at large. When someone on the internet calls you a troll, they are calling you an asshole who is trying to irritate people online for your own entertainment, with little or no regard to any actual harm you may cause others in the process. They aren't suggesting you are a special needs child. Trying to paint someone as using it that way when you know they're calling you an asshole trying to bait people is rather trollish in itself, much like calling someone a racist.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have NEVER heard "troll" in reference to a special-needs child. Probably a troll posted that definition :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• you're reading into it way too much....when someone on here is called out for being a "troll" it's because they're asking stupid questions like "my brother jizzed in the pool we were both swimming in, am i pregnant by him?"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I agree, you're reading too far into it, I've never heard children w/ADHD being called that.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• ive never heard it outside of the internet.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have never heard it towards a child with disabilities either, however, i have heard it used for kids who cause drama and eat it up when it explodes....
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• no i get the why people on here are called it i guess i am wondering if people think this about people outside the internet like is this a slang term people use for kids that have these conditions? b/c thats the way the second definition sounded.
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• ok so maybe then it was just worded wrong b/c it made it seem like this was a second definition and used as slang for people that "act Out" in general and i was thinking oh god i hope people don't think my son does the things he does to get this kind of attention and he gets called something like this. thanks for the info!!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2011