With gas prices so high, do you think we should start riding bikes or walking to places if we can?

Kat52971

Asked by Kat52971 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Travel

• Absolutely!
    public transit as well

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes! My husband rides his bike all over town. Thank goodness we live in a small town!
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• yeah i do but then they'll jack up sneaker prices and the price of bikes or chains or pedals etc. etc. they always find a way to get us int he end.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Golf cart time!! For real though, I don't know what we will do as a family when gas gets above $5 a gallon because it's not like our boss is suddenly going to decide "hey the price of living went up, here is a raise"
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Lol....where do I put the carseats?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• to the first OP actually if gas prices keep going up that means public transportation is going to go up.

It cost my dh to fill up the full size fan we have 130.00. We have a small car that was costing 30 to fill now it is like 50 to fill which is a lot cheaper, but it has a gas leak and well ya that will get expensive so better off to drive the van for now.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• oh ya, but I wouldn't mind walking I love to walk lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Sure let me walk 10 miles to the grocery store, Ill brb lol. Oh and ride my bike on the hwy with my 6 yr old strapped to the bike too? Oh sure Ill get right on it.
    It is not possible for everyone to do these things. I know. I am one of them. As for public trans, haha, no such things here.

Answer by gemgem at 10:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have 3 under the age 5 & under. Not gonna happen here. We bought a bigger truck 2 years ago so we can fit in the 3 carseats that the law requires us to have. Now, if it was like when we were growing up and didn't need carseats then yes, I could have a smaller vehicle.

We won't be walking or bike riding anywhere we need to go. Around the neighborhood is another story, but that doesn't help with anything.

ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I will be okay I can walk ride the bus or bike ride.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2011