Does anyone else feel this way?

After posting a question it got me thinking about some things and really made me wonder if anyone else had these fears for their children. I posted a question about a troll comment on here and it got me thinking about why i had posted the question in the first place when i read the second definition of what a "troll" was it alarmed me and made me think about certain kids that have reached out on the internet for help or "attention" and truly wanted it. Not to be a rouser but to see if anyone cared only to be answered with hatred and eventually either egged on to follow thru with sinking into a further depression or worse. And i got to thinking about my son. My son has ADHD and odd and a mood disorder and he has been known to disrupt the class. But he does this b/c either his meds are wearing off and he can't help it or he is trying to let someone know i need to remove myself and they are not listening. i have had alot of problems with the patience of the faculty and even the principle at my son's school and he has often told me that kids call him names and he doesn't take this as well as other kids do. So my question is this are their any other parents out there that fear that their child might head deeper into a depression or worse b/c people and kids are getting cruler? especially on the internet?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 10:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• on the internet..no. i see it as a boxing match..you take your punches and you throw em back. shake it off. laugh it off. In real life, i can see where you may have that concern for your son but i will teach my son not to let what people say get to him.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• No. I think that if a child has a mood disorder or mental disorder anything can and will trigger it. My son is Bipolar and someone at McDonalds forgetting to pack his fries can lead him to depression. I mean it really can be set off by anything. I do think those children with issues need to be identified and looked after at school and at home alot more then those without it. The world has never been a nice place for everyone, life is not fair, and we have to teach our kids this.

Answer by gemgem at 10:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Ok, THIS bothers me...

"i have had alot of problems with the patience of the faculty and even the principle at my son's school and he has often told me that kids call him names and he doesn't take this as well as other kids do."

Did they step in and do anything for your son??

ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• no in fact i have been fighting them every step of the way with his iep and 504 and basically everything!!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• they see him as a problem child they tried convincing me that the best plan of action for him was to "shadow" him everyday at school to help him stay calm!! are you freaking kidding me???
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• how old is your child?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i don't agree with kids calling him names but kids should know how to cope with certain situations or "get over" it..maybe thats what the principal is trying to say..that your son has a harder time getting over these incidents with kids calling him names.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• have you considered a special needs class or maybe it would him going to an anger management class
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2011