If you were asked to raise your brothers kids...would you??

A very close friend of mine lost her brother and sil in a car wreck.

They left her and her husband their 6 children (ages from 12 years old - 3 months old) but they already have 2 of their own children and were planning on having another one. She of course told her brothers lawyer that she would take the kids but I'm worried she won't be able to afford it. There was mention of life insurance money or something(not sure about the details).

So would you take care of a close family memebers children if you were in this situation?

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes. In a heartbeat.

Answer by gemgem at 10:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i would no matter what my finances but i was just raised that way. You take care of family.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes I would, without a second thought.I couldnt live with myself knowing they went to a foster home instead of being with family.It would be hard..sure..but hey..nothing could be harder than being a kid that just lost both of thier parents and thier entire lives completely changed in a blink of an eye.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Hell yes. My brother only has one child, though.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes, it would be tough, but those kids need to be kept TOGETHER and with family.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My father died when i was 13. I know that the state has benficary payments made to the gaurdians on behelf of the kids to help support them. How much they get depends on how much the parents worked adn made in there life times. I recieved $400 a month with my father working very little on paper, another friend of mine whose mother passed from cancer had 2 brothers, his father recieved $6000 a month for the boys, $2000 per kid. Please tell your friend she NEEDS to collect this money. It's what part of our salary goes to and these kids have a right to that. If she doesnt want to take the money for her self to pay food and everything then she needs to take it and put it in a college fund/ savings fund for each kid. Each child will recieve it until they are 18 or if they continue into college they will continue until they are 21.
    I wish her the best of luck. She is going to need it with a house full of kids!
    ConcernedMomma2

Answer by ConcernedMomma2 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes, I would. FAmily always comes first. Its no different than having several foster children....
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I would take them and do the very best that I could. It would not be easy, but I would try to provide them with a stable home.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• family in the vanYes, I wouldn't hesitate. I couldn't bear knowing I gave up BLOOD to the state........couldn't live with it.

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011