When do you start your period after baby when you are breastfeeding?

My first I only nursed 2 days. My second was 2 weeks (complications) this time I want to nurse the whole time this time around. If I do I was just cerious as to when you get your period back? I mean not that I care lol was just wondering. I heard you don't get it back until you stop nuring (if you are doing it fulltime) is that true? I am a sahm so if all works out this time that is all baby will be getting is the breast

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• It depends. Some people get one right away, some people not for 18 months.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:39 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Not true. It was 6wks when I got mine back. I wasn't one of the lucky ones. lol
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I am not normal. :) I exclusively breastfed 4 children. My period came back in 6 months, 4 months, 1 month!!!, and 8 months this last time - and I was nursing 2 kids the last time!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Anywhere from 2 months all the way up to 24 months. The more exclusively you breastfeed and really on demand without waiting too long between sessions, the more likely you are to keep it at bay.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• another question if you are breast feeding can you get it one month and not the next?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I got mine back 7 months after having my DD, right about the same time I wasn't exclusively BF anymore.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You can get it at 6 weeks or not until you stop. You could be regular every month or only have it every few months. Some only have break through spotting some a extremely lucky and have nothing at all. It is very individual.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I exclusively breastfed each of my children, and I always got mine w/in the 6 weeks after, and then regular from then on out. My mom didn't get hers the entire time she was bf'ing me and would have continued, but wanted to get her tubes tied, but drs wouldn't do it until she started up again, so she had to quit bf'ing me :(
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• It's different for everyone. I know people who didn't get theirs back for almost a year - for me it was about 6 months. It was heaven - I HATE that time of the month!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 21, 2011