I found out what I'm getting for Christmas, there's an issue though..

So, my husband can't keep a secret from me lol I found out he's planning on taking me to nyc for the weekend before Christmas just the two of us, he's really sweet!..the thing is I want to tell him I appreciate it, but I feel like all that money should be saved instead..we do have a baby coming in April and just to save it ya know? I just don't think he should spend that much...I haven't said anything yet, but I'm thinking I should..what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• Let him treat you. You will have so few moments together, plus it sounds like he really did a lot of planning. Go, have fun, worry about the money later.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I went to NYC one year for christmas it was AWESOME!!!!! GO you may not ever get the chance again!!!!!!!!
    marykay22

Answer by marykay22 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• did you find out from him or through someone else. If someone else, you could just casually ask him how much ya'll should spend on each other for christmas and set a lower limit. but I say do it. You won't have the time to do this after having a baby and you could use it. Plus it is very sweet.. If ya'll really need the money though i'm sure he would understand that to and you could just let him know that it was the thought that counts and it was awfully sweet.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 8:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I found out from HIM one day we were eating lunch and I was talking about how I'm usually the one with surprises so I was making random guesses of what it was and when I said are you taking me to NYC-cause he knows I love it there at Christmas time, well he got all red and quiet and he can't hide anything so I knew!
    Anonymous

• Go!! I get where you're comming from, but you probably won't get another opportunity to travel alone with him for QUITE awhile, with that baby comming!! Just enjoy yourselves. ;)
    He wants to do this for you, for both of you.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I see where you are coming from wanting to save for the baby, but unless your husband has no clue about your household finances, he probably knows if a trip would break the bank or not. If its not going to break the bank I would say go for it! You aren't going to have as many opportunities to just up and go to NYC after baby comes along.
    NikkiGig

Answer by NikkiGig at 9:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Thanks a lot ladies, for your input. I think I'll stop overthinking and just go. : )
    Anonymous

• Dont say anything at all! It would be damaging on your husband to not want to except the gift. He will be insulted and hurt. Go go go! It is a special getaway that he planned for just the two of you! Talk about romantic! You have a very sweet and thoughful husband and you should want to go and have a sexy weekend with your man! doesnt matter about whats to pay for in the future, what matters is your relationship in the now! How exciting, I think my Husband needs some tips from your hubby! ha!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 9:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Hunny let him take you its a once in a life chance and once the baby is here there will be no more of the two of you it is always going to be the three of you.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 9:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Let him take you! Your not going to be able to do that after the baby is here so enjoy your alone time with him girl!
    Anonymous