Should the children of public figures be considered fair game?

In light of article on "The Stir" in which Sarah Palin's 3 year old son becomes the subject of "humor," do you think this is fair?
http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/119235/wonkette_mocks_retarded_trig_palin?ct=acm_stir_popular

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course its not fair. But you don't have to be a public figure to have that kind of stuff happen to your children.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:56 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Children are innocent and shouldn't be treated like that, regardless of who their parents are.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• No, it's not their fault!!

best example: Britney Spears and her sons.. Those poor kids had NOTHING to do with their Mom turning into a crackpot and yet they were picked on and slammed, one even received worst dressed man of the year. WTF really people?!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• While I despise the way she is constantly putting her kids in the media...

No adult should be attacking or mocking kids....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• No I dont think they should be mentioned. Kids are kids and have no control over what their parents do for a living or if they are public figures.

Answer by gemgem at 11:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• NO NEVER!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Anyone with a shred of decency isn't going to attack innocent children, spotlight or no. They're just telling us a little about themselves when they do.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Kids should be left out, they didn't ask to be put in the spotlight... Sarah Palin has chosen to do this to her kids and someone should slap her. I have lost every ounce of respect for her that I thought I MAY have had. She makes me want to puke.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Under 18, no. Adults working in opposition to their parent's political platform; open season.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• NO. Neither should the children of celebrities (which is how I view Palin). Children cannot control the actions of their parents.

SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 11:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2011