Red cheeks

my four month old broke out in bumps on his cheeks a few days ago, but I had used a new lotion and thought that's what caused it. Now tonight his cheeks are both bright red. Does anyone know what this could be? (He has been drooling a lot lately too).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The drool can make his skin bright red. Kindda like wind burn. Gauges cheeks do that a lot. Use Aveeno, it's thick and I've only heard good things about it.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 9:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• he could be teething my son was like that at 4months when he started to teeth
    jacksonsmumm908

Answer by jacksonsmumm908 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I agree with mommawoods. Aveeno works wonders. The pediatrician also recommended wiping the drool from cheeks frequently.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My son got red cheeks with his teething. He also received it when his face was wiped with paper towels or baby wipes.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 10:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think you should take him in to his doctor to get checked cause he might be alergic to somthing, and if he is drooling he is teething.. but def get him checke out for the red cheeks..
    mblucky

Answer by mblucky at 11:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• If the redness is from drooling/smearing drool on the cheeks, try chapstick. I know it sounds a bit loony, but lotions only irritated my daughter's skin worse, and I found a tip in a parenting magazine to use regular old chapstick. The best thing is that its cheap, and easy to apply, and in my baby's case, worked REALLY well. Good luck!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 2:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2008