Blueberry bush and grape vine question....

ok i bought 2 blueberyy bushes and 2 grape vines about a month ago.when it was still snowing out.. i care for them water them they are growing great...in my house lol..my question is i would love to plant them outside but afraid they will die.. right now my weather is by day rain and or sun..hights 50's sometimes 60's..nights are around 30* is it still to cold to plant them?

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think it's fine. Those are both extremely hardy plants. Careful. Grapevines take over the place. Don't plant them in a cute flower bed to look pretty.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:08 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• make sure you plant them after the last frost date in your area. Grapes are very sensitive to frost!
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Wait. And even when it is time, you have to get them used to it since they're used to being inside. You can start that now actually, sit the plants outside for a couple hours a day, increasing every so often, til you're only taking them in at night. They should have come with tags, if not you can look it up, but don't plant them outside until it's safe for your zone.
    Anonymous

• But these plants can withstand the winter. They grow wild in Maine. They can take April weather here. I think you can put them in now.
    Anonymous

• I think they would be fine to put out now. I don't think there will be anymore frost.
    deadpplrmyhero

Answer by deadpplrmyhero at 2:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Be sure to put the blueberry bushes with in a couple of feet of each other, they pollinate each other.

I would start taking them outside and getting them used to the temperatures for periods of time, increasing each day, before planting them.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i would say to wait
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• where do you live? usually most places the danger of frost is over by mid April..
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would wait till the danger of frost passes. Once established they should be fine but until then give extra care. Of course the best person to ask is someone at your local nursery.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 4:10 AM on Jun. 13, 2011