is it rude to be mad when people touch your tummy all the time when you are pregnant i hate it and feel rude about it

my mom especially gets mad when i tell her not to touch but its because she dont move alot and when she does it makes me have to pee...lol. but it makes me mad people feel like they have to touch your belly like if they rub it their wish my come true...my belly is not a lamp and a genie is not going to pop out...but you know when people ask its not as bad but ya know strangers....y do they have to touch your stomach....im just not a touchy person

titansfan

Asked by titansfan at 9:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You never have to let a stranger touch you. You shouldn't let them touch your baby when its finally born either. Strangers will ACTUALLY ask if they can hold your baby!! Obviously they can not! They could run off or drop him! And you don't have to let them touch you either. Maybe if more preggo moms said "NO!" people wouldn't be so tempted to touch!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I hate people trying to touch my stomach,its like hey personal violation,the only person i dont mind doin it is my hubby lol
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• when people rub your belly politley rub there's back, thats what i did. i hated it to
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I'm not touchy either, I would only appreciate my husband touching it. Thankfully I haven't had any touchers around me lol...
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I thankfully never had this problem, instead of people wanting to touch my stomach I just got dirty looks becuase i was sixteen but I look alot younger lol
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 9:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I'd KILL for someone to rub my belly. I'm 37 weeks and I haven't had one single stranger ask me about my pregnancy...unless I was in the doctor's office sitting there with all the other pregnant chicks. But yeah, I think strangers think I'm just fat. (If you look at my pics you can obviously tell that I'm pregnant and not "just fat".)

*sigh*

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I am not a touch person and don't care to be touched. I would only let my family touch my belly when I told them they could. Once I had a stranger touch me and it freaked me out. I didn't have the guts to tell them off, but I must have developed a look, because it never happened again!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• well its not rude to tell them to not touch your damn belly. It happens to me all the time at work thinking my baby is some type of show,I dont mind thoughtful words but anything other than that HELL NO!!!!!!!!
    gee-gee22

Answer by gee-gee22 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Just try not to take offense to it...yes, its annoying, but they just want to be a part of the action. Think of their intentions even though you just want to rip their hands off....lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I have a favorite pregnancy t-shirt that reads "Touch the Belly...Lose A Hand!!!". It is a violation of your personal space and nobody other than your SO or your other children (if you have any) should be allowed to touch without your permission. It is still YOUR body, the people touching it wouldn't want you to walk up and start rubbing on THEIR belly. It is really annoying and I'm pretty bitchy, so most people don't try it:) However, I do realize that most people mean well and don't realize they are being rude.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 9:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008