Does anyone else have an extremely nosey child? How do you handle it?

DS (7) constantly has to be a part of EVERYthing that goes on. If he enters a room he'll butt into a conversation that's taking place, if he's up in the bathroom taking a bath and DH and I are downstairs holding a conversation DS will pipe up with a question or comment about what we're talking about it, or ask about it later when he's out of the bath. We have a broken refrigerator and DH and I were talking about the issue at dinner last night and DS says, "Something's broken on it? Nobody informed me." WHAT?

I've tried explaining to him that he doesn't need to know about everything we're talking about, and to not just butt into conversations, but seriously, it's starting to drive me crazy. Does anyone have other suggestions for me?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You tell him when I want you to know something I'll tell you. From now on and forward, you never interrupt or talk when I'm talking, ever!
    Have him knock first, never to walk in. Teach him some respect. My son would never do that, not with me! Most kids actions are a result of how their raised! Ever see your sons friends table manners, just my point!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I agree, teach him some damn respect! Knocking before entering, table manners, not interrupting. My daughter does it all the time and wants to know everything. She gets time out for interrupting, a verbal warning for most other things (as she's pretty good about knocking etc) and when something is none of her business, I tell her so. YOU are the parent; NOT HIM.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• well when he does completely ignore him but at first let him no why you are ignoring him
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• tell him that he will get his chance to talk when whoever you are talking to is done with your conversation and that he needs to knock before entering the bedroom or bathroom where you are at. Tell him that it is more respectful to knock and ask if he can come in or if he can be part of the conversation or not.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2011