any ideas on how to keep a baby cool?

when he screams if we go to the pool and then hates his bath time afterwards. hes only three and a half months. i feel bad when its 90 degrees outside and i cant do anything for him.

edwinsmom2008

Asked by edwinsmom2008 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he's not being overly exposed to the sun is he? Baby's skin is so delicate.
    vr3star

Answer by vr3star at 3:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• best ways I think to keep baby cool is stay in the shade, have a good sunshade on your buggy, make sure baby gets enough fluids, dress baby in maybe just a vest and nappy not loads of clothes if it's really hot, oh, and we have this fan that attaches to the buggy which is good aswell!!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Make sure you're not putting any more clothes on him than you're wearing. A lot of moms want to protect their baby from the sun, so they put hats, long sleeves, blankets, etc over them... that's HOT! If you're wearing a tank top, he should be wearing something similar. Buy a hand fan so you can fan him a little when you're outside & keep him in the shade.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Babies don't sweat, and they dehydrate quickly. I use a wet washcloth and put it behind my babies neck, and sponge her down or use a little spray bottle on her. Make sure he stays hydrated, and fruit smoothies are a great way to do it. I always look at her cheeks and if they are a little pink I restart everything...She also likes to have cold soda cans sitting next to her in her stroller or car seat.
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 3:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2008