Thank you letter??????

We are switching my son's psychiatrist and therapist. I would like to send a thank you letter to them but am not sure how to start it. Sorry, didn't know what category to put this one in. Thanks moms!!!!!

LovingParent08

Asked by LovingParent08 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in General Parenting

• You rock! I am a therapist and I have to say I hardly ever got a thank you card. Sometimes. I never expected them but it is a very nice thought. My co-workers and other friends in the profession don't see a lot of nice notes or letters either. The ones I did get start with how they though their child improved, what they learned as a parent, and were short/simple but very nice. The fact that you want to thank your child's professional is so wonderful that nothing you say could be incorrect. I do like hearing how parents think therapy has helped and what techniques were particularly helpful. And here I thought manners were out dated. Go mom!
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• How about somthing like...Dear X, We would just like to send you this thank you note for the time you spent with my son and all the useful counseling you've given to him and us. We are truly greatful.
    Anonymous

• Just speak from the heart you cant go wrong!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Thanks salexander, frogdawg and anon. I appreciate your help. I have an idea of where to start!

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I posted my letter if you would like to read it!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 3, 2008