Does your pet follows you all around the house?

I have a pet dog (yorkie) and she follows me all over the house if I just get up and go in the kitchen or bathrm she follows if I go in my bed she follows and sometimes it annoys me but I dont if she is just spoil or what. Then at nite she feels she has to sleep rite next to me now she use to sleep at the foot of the bed and she move herself rite under me what could be the problem how could i break this?

mystery8307

Asked by mystery8307 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Pets

• Yep I have a 95 lbs German Shorthair and a 23 month old toddler that follow me everywhere. My dog is 12 so I can't tell you how to break it but I think it is just cuse she loves you. My dog has his own bed and as soon as DH leaves for work he lays down next to me. he has to be under the coners and have a pillow for his LOL. He's my snuggle buddy. Though it does make it difficult when DS wants to snuggle too. LOL.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My dog used to follow me around & sleep with her head on my pillow as well, but once my son got older he started to do it to him. He loved it & what else do dogs really have to live for ? lol Nothing! lol My parent's two dogs follow her around every where as well. They are like children sometimes. ya know ?? They just need to love & affection. We spoil our dogs so we know what it is. lol I say just try to train her other wise. If you two are sitting on the couch & you get up to go the bathroom, look at her & say "Stay, I'll be back" while pointing. Keep doing it until she gets the point. She will eventually learn that you will be back. The bed thing, ... I say just keep putting her at the foot of the bed and tell her to "stay" She will eventually learn that the foot of the bed is her place to sleep. She got of out routine and you allowed it, so you gotta retrain her, hun. Good Luck!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• We have a 106 lb German Shepherd and he follows me around the house. He also sleeps with me when my Hubby's away working, which can be for a month or more, so he thinks his place is on the bed with me,lol.. I love the bond we have. I know that if anything were to happen, a break in etc, he would be right there to protect me. He's done it before, so I'm not breaking him of wanting to be near me all the time. When Hubby's home he knows to sleep on the floor in our room, but he still follows me,lol...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have a 3 month old puppy and I WANT him to follow me around, otherwise he would get into trouble. For sleeping on the bed, you could try teaching her to stay on a certain blanket. I crate train and my dogs aren't allowed to sleep in bed with me, they are only allowed on the bed when I invite them.
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 11:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Also, to add, dogs are pack animals and following their leader is a natural, instinctive behavior.
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 11:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• He does when it is stormy outside, he is terrified of storms. I am always almost tripping and falling over him. That is the only time though.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My doxie follows me everywhere. He's my little shadow.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• lol..yep one of my cats is like that.Its like having another kid. Not sure how to break the habit tho....good luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Dogs are packs and they love to follow the master or leader she loves you
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 6:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My Chi/Yorkie goes wherever i go- when i take a shower, she is sitting at the door- when i'm on the computer, she is under the chair- if i don't go to bed when she thinks it is time, she catches a Major Attitude! LOL:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2011